Friday, May 21, 2010

Eastward

On my way from Belgium to Stockholm (holla D!), I decided to pen a little poem.

Ode To My Joy

Goodbye strudel. Auf wiedersehen bratwurst. God speed English breakfast with your baked beans. Goodbye dough-like stuff called dumplings by Czech people. Farewell Hungarian beef. Bye bye schnitzel. Ciao gelato. Ciao pizza. Goodbye Belgian waffles and that goodness they put inside of you. Good riddance crepes, and my all my hopes that you have crushed. Au revoir French bakeries and your sweet, sweet smells. Goodbye chocolate of all lands and denominations, especially you Belgian- you have been the one for me.

3 comments:

Kellz said...

I don't love crepes either. But I love me some pastries. Maybe it's a Skinner thing. Also, Wade says taking notes on vacation is also a Skinner thing. Also, writing poetry to food--a Skinner thing.

Kellz said...

Oh, and movie quotes--totally a Skinner thing.

Caged Wisdom said...

Well. You can just tell Wade that I don't even have to take notes anymore. It's like Joseph Smith and the Urim and Thummim. My skills have been honed over so many Skinner vacations that the notes take ME.